Saturday, May 21, 2005

Rodney Ronsonol Reporting




I just sit around all day ...

And also, Higginblatt, they're jockin' your style.
(both via Wired. The new issue also features a tiny write up on the little notebooks.)

I need some new shoes. I wonder if they'll sponsor a blog.

More impossibly well-crafted writing from the guy who's held me down for four thousand pages or so, this is him on military ettiquette:

"The extreme formality with which [Sgt. Shaftoe] addresses these officers carries an important subtext: your problem, sir, is deciding what you want me to do, and my problem, sir, is doing it. My gung-ho posture says that once you give the order I'm not going to bother you with any of the details - and your half of the bargain is you had better stay on your side of the line, sir, and not bother me with any of the chickenshit politics that you have to deal with for a living. The implied responsibility placed upon the officer's shoulders by the subordinate's unhesitating willingness to follow orders is a withering burden to any officer with half a brain, and Shaftoe has more than once seen seasoned noncoms reduce green lieutenants to quivering blobs simply by standing before them and agreeing, cheerfully, to carry out their orders."

Ignore the weirdo title! Neal's a fucking nerd-king.

Could it be? The answer to all my prayers?
(via apple insider.)

That's all for now.

1 comment:

CRKB IT SOLUTION PVT LTD said...

Always look forward for such nice post & finally I got you. Really very impressive post & glad to read this.
Best Architects in Indore
Best Interior designers in indore

i heard about this blog & get actually whateveri was finding. Nice post love to read this blog
Approved Auditor in DAFZA
Approved Auditor in RAKEZ
flaxseed oil
Approved Auditor in JAFZA
Approved Auditor in DMCC


I always search such wonderful blog and after so many efforts finally I got you. Keep writing the same
Pharmacy home delivery in UAE
Pharmacy near Business Bay