Saturday, March 17, 2007

Dorkin' Out On St. Patrick's Day

















• Thee Famous Person, in the midst of meeting up with old friends and Grupthink denizens, was, apparently, at the same show as the Status Ain't Hood guy.

• I have been dying to play a little Man Cup lately. Also, I caved today on my new FFF (that's "Fast Food Free") lifestyle. That Big Bacon Classic had no idea what it was in for. Afterwards, though, I felt the dirty guilt.

• You probably saw it on Pitchfork already and everything, fine, but damned if that Crayola commercial with the Animal Collective soundtrack isn't the best, like, thirty seconds on television.

• I went and saw 300 last night. Epic? Yes, it was epic. Somewhat uncomfortable due to the costume department's reliance on leather briefs? Yes, it was somewhat uncomfortable due to that. (Raichile, for the record, has been searching for leather briefs for some time now. To match his harness.)

• I found this webpage the other day with the thirteen most beautiful avatars on Second Life. Suspiciously Absent: "Devself Ay." I guess you have to be a supertan dude with bushy eyebrows to apply. What are these guys? Brothers? (Typing this shit is cracking me up.)

• Ok ok ok. I gotta go research magical realism and read a book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the AC tip; I couldn't think of a more appropriate song / product combo. In fact, it's awesomeness even helps this video transcend my typical lefty disgust toward commercial tie-ins.

Huzzah, Panda Bear & crew!

Anonymous said...

Those two male avatars have the same skin! You can tell by their matching moles, and identical ruddiness factor! Hm! I call bullshit on the 13 most wanted! Devself Ay should definitely have a place on that list, as should my Not-Too-Darn-Common self. Plus, have you seen Skritch in that tux? Talk about the man... the script!

skrrrriti said...

I too have written a paper on magical realism. I should have just sent you mine.

Also, I hope Dave Portner buys a walk in humidor with the Crayola monies.

skrrrriti said...

Also, best avatar is hands down Pelican Colisante, Ancient Egypt meets 1700's France! Devself is a close second, except for the shoes, and you need a monocle.