Friday, April 06, 2007

A Total Of Ten Tornadoes


















• I believe I have now, after a two-day show last weekend, and thanks to my man Jush, seen Drive-By Truckers live in concert as many times as I have seen any other band in concert. This is interesting, at least to me, because I'm not really that big of a fan of them. I mean, they're good and all. I like the song with the Tornadoes. I like the one about floating. I really like the story about the guy's mom. Anyway, it was a damn fine time. (I will say that the sound in the venue is always a little treble-heavy, unless it's a packed show, as it was Saturday. And when that happens you can't concentrate because some old windbag is constantly trying to tell you about some drug he smoked thirty years ago. (Memo to the dude in the red hat: keep it.) Either that or you're all distracted by the amazing hair patterns on the head of a man who clearly does not know how to operate a clipper.) Highlight: We carried 17 large pizzas down the main drag when the bars let out and emerged unscathed. (We ordered that many pizzas because that's how many times the Larry Bird Story got told.)

• Bonus: "18 Wheels of Love," live in Toronto.

No comments: