Sunday, September 23, 2007

We Now Return






















• "... to your irregularly scheduled programming."

• That picture is supposed to be like an early rough draft of this weird little comic project I'm supposed to be working on with my sister, thee Famous Person. Because when we are around each other, that's what we do: begin little comic projects and then never finish them.

• I finally - on a related note - got that book that Paul Pope released. It, like the rest of his work that I've seen, is kind of uneven, but when that dude hits, he kills it.

• More art crap: Have I talked about Nicholas Roerich on CFY,K before? I might have, in some incarnation of this blog. But then I forgot his name for a long time, until, like, two days ago when it occurred to me again. Roerich is the shit. I'm putting this up here as much for your benefit as my own. You know. In case I forget.

• I think you guys know how I feel about TDB's - that's Traditional Dutch Bicycles, by the way. So. I found this blog, right? And I'm not saying it's, you know, "rule 34" status, but it might as well be.

• I don't even wear glasses, but I would wear these. I do, however, wear sunglasses, so if anybody wants to come up off some Persol 649's on the cheap, holler at the kid.

• Making an album, after, let's face it, a pretty lackluster coming-out-of-retirement joint, based on your reaction to a movie was, when I first read about it, either the best or the worst idea that I had ever heard of. But then Hov dropped what I guess is a trailer for his upcoming single - which, I know, is weird - and the shit is ill. (But, I mean. I'm biased.)



• The Orange Park Kennel Club is neither decadent nor depraved. It is, however, for suckers. You spend all your time trying to figure out the difference between, like, a quiniela key and a box superfecta. The odds listed on the racing program mean nothing. A 13-1 shot, from what I could gather, has exactly as good a chance as winning a race as a 3-2. (Meanwhile, of course, I am naturally allergic to numbers and, therefore, bet entirely on instinct and the humor-quality of a given dog's name. This, I have come to learn, is an ineffective method.)

• Ok. More. Soon.

No comments: