Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I'm swimming across the county.

















• I was just looking over the last few posts, and it became apparent to me that I have been too consistently subjecting my readers to my bad illustration attempts. So for today I'm putting up this bad photograph instead. Heh.

• You might not have noticed, because it happened over Memorial Day weekend, but CFY,K was down for a little while there. After using the coding equivalent of a crowbar, I managed to get in there and eff with the HTML enough to alleviate the bizarro script malfunction that had caused the whole thing. Maybe it was my fault. Perhaps I was doing it wrong. But either way, I'm not using those little embedded flash mp3 players anymore, and am going back to the old-fashioned, direct-to-mp3 link, like this one, which will take you to an audio file of valuable advice from Ghostface Killah.

• Here is some video evidence, just in case you forgot that Prince is, indeed, the most underrated guitar shredder in the world.

• Also, if Vice Magazine is ever going to, you know, come back around in such a way that they start being cool again - which will require that they stop being an American Apparel catalog and avoid turning into Paste Magazine - it's going to start with articles like this one about John Cheever. (Who, yes, wrote that short story that became that movie that I love.)

No comments: