Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Now With More About Books and Rap

















• I don't know much, but I do know this: when Future Self wakes up tomorrow - at which point he will be Present Self - and sees that Present Self - who, by the same token, will have become Past Self - put a Doubleshot™ in the fridge he's gon' be full-on stoked.

• So I walked into this place Domy Books the other day. They got a good selection of art books and comic collections and a pretty decent fine art / street art high / low aesthetic. I guess. They were listening to Egg Radio, which was playing okay blog rock. It was at the same time pretty cool as well as further evidence that "hip" remains at a weird little stagnant standstill. (Full disclosure: they weren't hiring.)

• The Roc Boys trailer > the Roc Boys video.

• Somewhat related: A DVD collection of Busta Rhymes videos does not exist. I mean. As near as I can tell. Which is bullshit. Nobody ever worked a fisheye lens like Bus-a-Bus.

Here's a piece that Lynda Barry wrote about the paintbush. To be honest, I'm not that into this article. I only put it on here because Lynda Barry wrote Cruddy, and Cruddy is a Higginbotham classic.

• You can now pay like 150 bucks for a watch I've been wearing for four years and paid thirteen dollars for. Only yours'll maybe be black. And will have cost you like 150 bucks.

3 comments:

C. Mouse said...

hipster.

Anonymous said...

"Blog rock".
Curious term.
Can you define "blog rock" for me?
I wasn't aware that we played blog rock on the Egg an, as far as I know, that may be exactly what it is but a description of the genre would be cool.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the linky goodness, by the way.