Tuesday, August 05, 2008

As If It Can't Happen

















• Production on Bird Turds took a little hiatus in the last week as I have been bird-sitting for an actual bird. His name is Turf, and he is hilarious. My responsibilities included making sure he had plenty of food and water, and protecting him from webcomic cats who wanted to eat him.

• Yesterday I woke up and made myself some fuckin' Franch toast.

• Glenn O'Brien, who, as you may know, is kind of a hero of mine, has his "10 Essentials" up over at Men.Style.com. I would've put this up sooner, but the website itself, with all of its popups and ads and crazy layout and color scheme is like the least stylish website I know of. I mean. I read it a lot. But it's so busy and distracting that I feel a little weird linking to it and in doing so foisting it upon my seven readers.

• My man Jush - who no longer reads this blog since he found this other blog - maintains that hip-hop died along with Biggie Smalls. For the record, I don't agree, but I begrudgingly respect his position. So the other day this dude DJ Semi put out Ready to Die: The O.G. Edition, which has demos, original beats, uncleared samples, and unheard lyrics from Frank White's debut LP, which serves to breathe new life into a certified classic and, for listeners like Jush, an entire genre.

1 comment:

theefamousperson said...

Turf is cute!