Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can't Forget Your Kite

















• I bought this book the other day, you know, in an effort to try and step my Bird Turds game up. And, you know how sometimes you read something that seem like it was written directly to you? Or to me, in this case? Heh.

• Oh man. I had a bizarre-ass Venture Bros.-style B-rett-ready experience the other day. Because another thing about Bird Turds is that it has powerfully revitalized my interest in drawing pictures and reading comics. So. I'm standing in the graphic novel section of Half Price Books the other day, right? Because also I heard they were hiring but it turns out they're not hiring anymore or whatever but whatever and there on the shelf was this recruitment brochure for what appears to be a local costumed supervillain. (I have got to research this shit further.)


































• Another day, another drawing of a zombie. I don't actually ever draw zombies. But every time I draw a human face, it always looks to me like if I made it green it would be a zombie face. So there you go.

• Also at Half Price Books - doesn't it seem like it should be called Half Priced Books? - I found this book that was a collection of Robert McGinnis' mystery novel cover illustrations. But it was like forty dollars, which, at the moment, is prohibitively expensive. Luckily, the kind community over at Flickr isn't charging anything to peruse their collection of Robert McGinnis covers, and spaghetti is delicious.

• I finally got my hands on a copy of Ascenseur Pour L' Échafaud, which I've been looking for for years now because of its awesome as hell Miles Davis soundtrack. I haven't watched it yet, though. Watching a reader is kind of a big commitment, you know?

What isn't a big commitment is watching the series finale of Rob and Big. What it is is a big disappointment that Mtv would cancel it. (I don't know if it's actually getting canceled, per se, but whatever. It sucks that it's over.) It's like. It wasn't enough that they already got rid of all the music and every good show they ever had on there. (I have to stop this before it mushrooms from an innocent rant into a full-blown Janeane Garofalo bit.)

2 comments:

Stokely said...

Good to see the Artie thing worked out.

The Devil Himself said...

You ain't kiddin', brother.