Friday, April 25, 2008

Korben My Man









• Hey hey hey that's Bird Turds number eleven, buddy!

• Dear Camdonians, please send pics of the Crawfish Festival. I miss that shit.



• This is the new video from The Roots, which, yes, makes "Rising Up" the lead single from Rising Down, since I guess ?uestlove saw that one episode of Tyra and decided that "Birthday Girl" doesn't officially exist or whatever.

I wonder what it's like to be Black Thought. Like, aside from being the most slept-on MC with the highest profile, you know, ever. But also, like. When ?uestlove and them are like "Okay, Player, we're going to go be Jay-Z's band - which is essentially like if Jay was the MC in The Roots instead of you - or do The Star Spangled Banner on The Colbert Report or some shit. So. Latrons," what does Black Thought do?

If it was me, I'd've quit a long time ago. Because, I mean. On some level, how is the drummer going to treat the frontman like a fuckin' backup dancer?



• Last night I was at work and "Five Years" came on. David Bowie is completely on one in this performance. I think it's that he says "my brain hurts a lot" that this song kills me.

1 comment:

theefamousperson said...

nice turds!