Thursday, May 24, 2007

He Was a Daredevil Just Like His Old Man


















• Recent conversations with one S. Higginblatt have revitalized my interest in the Dead Milkmen. You want to know what it sounded like to be twelve and me? It sounded like this. I've listened to this album (I, like Higginblatt, had the tape) so many times that I sort of feel like I was at the Trocadero, even though I have never been to the Trocadero.

• Here's another picture from Higginbotham's show:






















Sorry Sorrrow is open for business, or something, complete with new name and Fight Club font (NS;JS) and blog!

• While Icky Thump may not be my all-time favorite White Stripes joint, the video for it is in the top three videos featuring Jack White. (After "Doorbell" and "Steady as She Goes." (You know you got tired of that Lego one after like two views, too, man. It is amazing the first time, but don't front.))

• You know that one guy who used to live on a mattress at the Rut on top of a pile of books and then in my old roommate's room for a summer and then moved to like the Trump towers and eats twelve dollar cheeseburgers and walks a little dog and don't kick it no more? What happened with that guy? He certainly doesn't pick up my phone calls, which sucks, because I want to talk to that dude. (He never had a CFY,K \ Sarchichan nickname that really stuck. What was it? Fishburg? Holler at me, Fishburg! Damn.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now, one might ask one's self how the Dead Milkmen's live at the Trocadero album influenced the later work of the artist known as S. Higginblatt(botham). One might come up empty handed.