Friday, May 18, 2007

I Am Testing Your Patience















• S. Higginblatt's solo show recently opened. Are you in the San Antonio area? Yes? Then go check it out. No? Well. You got till June first to get there. Anyway, you should. And so should I. So when you go take me, too. Another shot of it:

















• Pitchforkmedia and CFY,K agree: Da Drought 3 rules. See? Now, if only they would stop reviewing records that no one has ever heard of that they don't really like. (What is the point of that?)

• Also, in the world of rap music, the old heads are talking self-censorship in terms of the inflammatory language used on rap records. 50 Cent and T.I. recently spoke on the subject at a function of some kind - I don't know specifically what it was about, YouTube is my only context for anything anymore. 50 turns his response to a journalist's somewhat reasonable questions into, basically, a 50 Cent song. He self-promotes, is characteristically clever, and throws a jab or two at other rappers. But then T.I. comes on and completely shuts shit down.

• Did I tell you I went to Asheville to visit Our Man Lamar? Well I did. It went like this: Beedle deedle peep deep, flackatalackata.

No comments: