Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Two-Fer Tuesday






















• I figured it'd be a good idea if I broke this up into two posts, for the sake of. I don't know. Continuity? Something? I just personally never like reading long-ass text-heavy blogs. I tend to tune out. I suspect that you might as well.

• The other day I put a Mogwai song up here. Mogwai's one of those bands, man. Where, like, I've never really considered myself a capital-f Fan, but, like. I really like them. (I'm the same way about Busta Rhymes.) I guess somebody synced up one of their songs with an Iggy Pop interview and put the shit on YouTube. I say to that person: Thanks, buddy!



• The new Vanity Fair - I know - has an article concerning the suicides of East Village/LA artists Jeremy Blake and Theresa Duncan. I certainly don't mean any disrespect, but the first thing that occurred to me was the late Mr. Blake's series of really great haircuts. Here's an embed of Blake's "Sodium Fox." (Because, you know, apparently at least seven of you watch these things. (There's also a video of Duncan's "The History of Glamour" on the Vanity Fair site, but it's like forty minutes long so, of course, I haven't watched it yet.))



• Ike Turner died. But you knew that already, probably. (Just trying to stick with the dead celebrity theme for this installment of CFY,K. I guess.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's time to bring the pain with 'hardest working'. on the ball on the ball on the ball on the ball. with the writers strike going on . . . it's time. let's bang this thing out.