Wednesday, February 27, 2008

















• I gotta tell you. It's hard for me, as the owner of legit pairs of Tiffanys and De La highs from back in the day, to be over it, but I'm over it. It's fucking hard for me to get stoked about athletic footwear at all anymore, but then my dudes over at Jesus Piece - who by the way put up a link to the Run For It! mix which for some reason I never saw till the other day - put me on to the Ferris Bueller SB's. It's awesome that the movie that I have based my whole life on is getting some play, but I think they should just put out white bucks like the kid rocks in the movie, and release an accompanying Ferris-style jacket.

• Man. Yesterday me and the Rai Chile were driving through town. And we stopped at a stoplight, you know, like you do. Looking across the intersection we saw, at a gas station, a pregnant teen smoking a cigarette like a foot away from the gas pump. The way I figure it, the whole scene was fucked up on at least six levels. More if you figure in the way in which the girl in question was intermittently and, say, "gropily" making out with this dude that was standing there.

{UPDATE: One regular reader of Curtains For You, Kid has sent in another, perhaps more sophisticated diagram to illustrate the event I witnessed. To this reader I say, "Thanks, buddy."}

• Which is not to say that I'm against smoking in any way. Quite unlike a vocal portion of GQ's readers. When will the War Against Fun be finally over? Because those dudes needs to know that the Marlboro Man is a perfect image of American Cool, and smoking is awesome because it looks so cool when you do it.

• I wonder how long it's going to take Bobby Knight to say something offensive or strangle someone or some shit in order to be kicked off of ESPN. I'd put the over-under at three weeks.

• Leave it to the circuit benders to make the Easy Button difficult.

• Any time I'm at my sister's house, I, for some reason, always end up drawing little pictures on 3X5 note cards. She has like a billion note cards. Today when I was over there I drew a woman's handbag, and made a list of fantasy jobs.

2 comments:

C. Mouse said...

Ah smoking pregnant teens. Southeast Georgia how I miss thee.

Charlie G said...

Vurrah Nice Post DevSelf. My only wish is that you title your forth coming posts so that my RSS feed picks it up. Otherwise.... it doesn't. Get on the bitch!