Monday, November 14, 2005

Truth or Dizzle

beers

● Welcome to the 101st post.

● The Camdonians + The Dizzle invaded Chucktown this weekend like a band of mutton-chopped, mustachioed marauders. Regrettably, Your Boy did not, as promised, take any photos of said marauding. As such, the identities of the parties involved remains a mystery to many. I can say this, however: it was a glorious trip. Saw Cary Ann play at Redux. Went to bars. Kicked it with a Macleod if not the Macleod. Somehow managed to come away with an entire Laquitasagna completely intact. Can't hate on that.

laquitasagna

● For a while now, me and everybody else has been apprehensive about that new Strokes joint, "Juicebox." I hated it. But then I saw the video. Not only is it kind of awesome, but it sounds like a different (better) version of the same song. I remain a Strokes apologist.

● There was a time, around 2002-2003 range, where you couldn't hear anything about the Strokes without also hearing something about the White Stripes. I continue that tradition here. Apparently they got beef with Status Ain't Hood about their new video.

New Home Movies out tomorrow.

No comments: