Tuesday, August 30, 2005

As Promised

new digs 2

hipbone

Check out Li'l Hipbones.

Yo, it's still Tuesday, right?

I am sorry for the hiatus. I hope none of you have lost interest completely. Curtains For You, Kid is important to me now more than ever.

These are awfully strange days. I climbed aboard the damn Wayback Machine and went to motherfucking 2002. And here we are:

(new digs)

(Chucktown alums know what I'm talking about.)

Ah, Fahsboro. Home to maybe the last hip-hop radio station in all of Sarchicha. Program Director & Drive-time DJ Rodney Ronsonol wants me to tell you that the new 'Ye is the shit. (you know what? I bet Oakland still holds it down.)

Those boys over at Fairmont are killing shit these days. The Big Homie put me on to Hypebeast, and these Girl Skateboards Diamonds Are Forever Tiffany Jump Off Joints. Don't be mad.

Without TV or the internet, man. I miss out on all kinds of good shit.

Ha ha! Come October, I ain't gotta download and burn shit! I love it when they listen, you know?

It's been a good week, man. Pops came up & we kicked it with Lo-ha at the criminally slept-on Mistral with their little Dixieland Jazz band that swings and that one lanky old cat chills up on top of an amp like he's Statler, or Waldorf. One.

And then Young Raphael kept the Foot Clan at bay.

Oh. Shamanzo. Notes from (o)BF for you:

It is impossible for a one man act to follow a band.

If you must, & they don't feel it, tell them a funny story.

You can play whatever esoteric weirdness and your own originals you want, provided the audience knows the words to every third song.

Failing that, if you absolutely won't give the people exactly what they want, you must make at least every third song completely palatable, uptempo, & rockin'.

Sarchichan News continues:

I just read a damn hidden Nebraskan message from KVjr:

"Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order, instead, which I think I have done."

Some Halfpenny Marvels EP cover art preview shit:

gloryglory

Welcome, Doctor Skritch.

Ok ok ok.

More soon.

(What's up with y'all?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fahs seriously that is the hottest shit ever I will get this single done as soon as humanly possible so we can release it with that badass cover.

Anonymous said...

love the KV.

but it's order FROM chaos. not to. and there's the rub.

glad curtains is back in effect.