Saturday, October 22, 2005

Like Short Sleeves

polosketch

☁ I like nothing better than an obsessive comprehensive cataloging.

Groovy Babes. (via Musicthing.)

Skritch=Brian Dennehey? (It's about time.)

☁ "Continuance"

On Oct 22, 2005, at 2:29 PM, Nick difonzo wrote:

and so it is.....

Many more questions of the self/ego prescence in the "work". Is it about perspective always? You know like speaking from a perspective outside of your own? I wonder if my own work is still too egocentric? How can it not be and what does it exactly mean to be egocentric? Is it now bad for business to draw on my own expierences and own observations and speak in the first person? Really I seem to be criticized often for being too self referential in my work and yet I don't quite understand how to not be. I don't think writing topical material is the way out either. I find myself mired into fitting other's expectations of my art, especially from people who don't create it themselves. Aren't they themselves being egocentric and trying to mold me in their own image? I could be totally fucked up about the whole thing, I know that, but it is difficult to progress sometimes when people lob grena! des into your cipher. Friends and their critical involvement in your process is difficult especially when there are taste incongruencies at play.
It seems the sunlight of our plantlife is praise. "Props is a true thug's wife...",etc. Is it wrong to seek accolade and fame? Somebody says you just cant decide to be a rockstar, but isn't that what all of heroes did? Destiny is retroactive. It's easy to say holy rays of heaven guided every step after the fact. Does impetus and development ever lie? I don't think so. Again I could be totally fucked up over the whole thing. Do you have to contrive a message out of what you are saying? I don't think you do. I don't know. I guess I don't have any real opinions about "issues" or whatever. I read something that quoted Elliot Smith as saying something to the effect of "I am just trying to reflect what its like to be a person living." I feel that that is how I operate and yet when the truth of what I say is called into question, then I feel the truth of my being is called into question and that is not a good feeling as I am sure you can agree.
Apologies for the length of this confused prattle but things got drunk and heated last night and I still had echoes of arguments ringing in the morning so I felt it best to address them to a knowledgable third party. If you have any comments on the matter please write me back, if you have no reply, I think I would understand that just as well.

-Nicholas

{Fahsboro's Official Response coming soon. Stay Tuned. - R. Ronsonol.}

No comments: