Friday, June 15, 2007

Good Sand Here






















• So Higginslax says she likes it when I make one of those posts that's like a nonfiction account of my day-to-day with links in the text to, like, humorously illustrate the goings-on. As much as I'd like to cater to my readership (of which Higginbotham constitutes, I think, like a third), such a post would necessitate that I did some shit during the course of my day, which, lately, has not been the case. I did take a three hour nap earlier. Does that count? Oh and also I was in class earlier today - because I am the world's second-oldest undergrad - and the dude behind me gave me a copy of his zine which is somehow involved with this website \ concept called "lation."

• CFY,K endorses: this light blue denim shirt, which they're calling "chambray." If you're like me, then most of your clothing comes from the Gap sale rack. Because you're into basic looking stuff but you don't want to drop seventy dollars on undershirts. And then sometimes you buy a light blue denim shirt so you can stunt around town like you're Ralph Lauren or some shit. That's what I've been doing.

• CFY,K denounces: the ugliest shoes ever.

New friend, new look.

• I was thinking today about how weird it is to have a blog, and you get self-conscious about stuff like noticing that like every damn hip-hop blog in the past few days has been posting that UGK & Outkast video and, more recently, the new T.I. featuring Wyclef video, and you think that if you post them then you're being unoriginal. But then, like, you have to assume, on some level, that it's not just bloggers that read blogs, and perhaps the people who read your blog don't read everyone else's because they're counting on you to do it for them, so you feel sort of bad if you don't direct your own readers' attention to those things. (So then, if you're me, you decide to have links to 'em, but to not embed 'em and to let them find about the weird Saigon \ Just Blaze album delay beef on their own.)

1 comment:

Von Diaz said...

I endorse your wearing the chambray. Also, did you notice that you kindof resemble dude wearing the $70 undershirts ... ? Like, sans beard...