Monday, July 09, 2007

The Other Side of the A.M.

















• Our Man Lamar was in town this weekend, sleeping days away on the air mattress in the center of my apartment and being rad and farting. It ruled. I just stayed up all night completing a Contemporary American Poetry paper. These things may well be connected.

• Lately Holotone hits me with random links on the IM connect. This one came through with zero explanation, but I think it's safe to say that this Michael K. Brandlow character is easily the most intense lawyer of all timez. He reminds me, somehow, of character actor Marshall Bell. Or maybe I just wanted to include a link to Marshall Bell because I spent so long figuring out what his name was. (Something about the only payoff of my, seriously, hours-long search being that you might click the Marshall Bell link and go "Oh yeah, that guy," is sort of pathetically hilarious to me.)

• So for some reason - well. Not for some reason. For reasons owing to my theory that the hottest women on Earth come from there, I think I need to take a trip to the Ukraine, which I'm calling the Ukraine and not just Ukraine, because it's way more James Bond to put the the in there. Anyway. I was looking around at, like, Ukrainian tourist destinations, and came across this place called Club Yo, which, sadly, has nothing at all to do with Ed Lover and Dr. Dre. On the website I was on - which somehow I can't find, even though I did manage to copy the following text - described this Club Yo as such:

" Musical club yo and bowling of 7 stars, is the uniform entertaining complex, located in the center Odessa and borrows one of in the lead places in entertaining industry in Ukraine club yo includes the dance floor, the stage, the sound . 10 Plasma panels and the light equipment of the european standard. the convenient furniture on two circles of the disco and the capacious bar rack, allows to lead comfortably evening up to 1500 visitors of club. Separately from the basic disco is available " disco bar " with the dancing on 150 person. Bowling of 7 stars has contained in itself two bar racks with greater assortment of drinks, 8 paths of firm " braunswick ", two billiard tables for the pool and one table for russian billiards. The convenient upholstered furniture promotes pleasant pastime. Kitchen also european."

Club Yo. I've never wanted to go anywhere as badly as I want to go to Club Yo.

• According to the Raichile, armed with this recipe, you could stay home and eat your own turds and be totally happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Ukrainian woman in the red dress on the right is a dude, or at least she'll look totally like one about a year and a half after you unpack and marry her. Take my word for it dudes, eastern european women are only hot for about twenty minutes, or from about 50 yards away. (notice the lack of close-ups on that page)

Anonymous said...

Also, is that a picture of dev self?!?? If so, quit being all covertly hot, it freaks me out and makes me feel icky.

The Devil Himself said...

that's not me, man. That's E. Lamar.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I should have known better. The Devil never shows his true face.