Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You Can Learn a Lot From a Bot






















• I am a fan of Garfield. Sort of. I mean. He certainly doesn't always knock it out the park, but he's usually good for one of those little, like, snuffling nose laughs if not a full-on lol. Sometimes he's capable of a brand of irreverence that's tough to find anywhere in the (un)funny papers anymore. But this has to be the laziest damn comic strip I have ever seen. Doesn't Jim Davis have a whole staff of dudes working around the clock on this shit? And the best they can do is that one picture twice, broken up by, like, a sound effect that doesn't look drawn by anybody's hand?

• I have decided that if / when I ever finish a novel, I want it to be published by Tank Books. 'Cause look.

• For the past couple of days, me and Happy - who is already hard at work on the next installment of "The Border Disaster," which I know you can't wait for - and Thee Famous Person - who also wrote about this on her emo-ass blog - and Skritch - who doesn't have a convenient link but who used to have a blog of his own - have been playing The Greatest Board Game of All Time in weird 1997-style java applet format while Skypin'. It has come to this. Just playing the game itself wasn't quite nerdy enough. I'm five and one.

Crailtap did a Top 5's with Evan Hecox. It's always nice to see the art director get some love. Especially since Evan Hecox is probably the best thing about Chocolate since Mike York left.

1 comment:

theefamousperson said...

I like how Tank's address is on Great Marlborough Street. HILARIOUS!!!