Wednesday, July 11, 2007

When I Started Smokin'

















• Dear Hollywood,
Please bring back Mädchen Amick.
Thank you,
The Devil Himself.

• This is going to be one famousperson-centric fancy-nerdy post. So. To get things started, a FancyNerd YouTube ShowDown!

Is the theme song to Zelda more appropriately played on the accordion (that old Fancy Nerd favorite)? Or on the theremin? It's too close to call! (For maximum freak-out, see also: "Theremin Killed the Radio Star.")

Gogol Bordello is the - kind of - new Dexy's Midnight Runners. But without the hit.

• I just found Twin Peaks Season Two on DVD for something like twenty-three dollars used. Which is, I think, pretty reasonable (read: what it should have cost to begin with). So, in honor of the reigniting - is that a word? - of my whole Twin Peaks thing, I figured I would answer the call of, probably, dozens of nerds scattered across the globe. Presenting "Just You (And I)" by James, featuring Donna and Maddy. (If you need an explanation for this, I don't know what to tell you.)

3 comments:

C. Mouse said...

wow. there are few things that I now want more than a theremin. thank you.

Anonymous said...

Gogol Bordello as new Dexy's? I LOL'D!

theefamousperson said...

Thanks for the shout out!






(wow-- oh my god-- my "secret word " i have to type is "npdexy"!!!!!
NPDEXY, indeed!)